Total Pageviews

Tuesday 18 February 2014

A Waking Dream

Who dwells in my waking dreams, my sleeping thoughts, The nights asked with a troubled sigh. The words fumbled to speak of her Who haunts the shadows where my demons lie. Where do I begin? Of those eyes should I confide? Seemingly fathomless and churning. Where anchors flounder and storms take flight.
Brushes and strokes could create her on canvas, Had it not been an outrageous blunder. For none can hope to shape that elation That cleaves my shadows asunder. Should I sing of her lips? Should there be a rant on her smile? An intoxication beyond measure, A mischief brimming with innocent guile. Beneath these enchanting vanities of worldly grey, Abides a heart pure and a brilliance shy. An enigma writhes contained within her, Who haunts the shadows where my demons lie.

----
This is the edited version.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVED IT!!!!!!!!

Mustafa said...

Man that was awesome!

Unknown said...

alright in general . bad by your standard .

Anonymous said...

Hii Bro, it Raiyyan Shaikh here,,,.... Ur skills are way beyond what they should be.... just a compliment.. ight ight, it was a very nice thing to read... amazing. keep it up man, ur getting there

Anonymous said...

"Beneath these enchanting vanities of worldy grey"....wow! Good job
-ayesha :)

veeram shah said...

Firstly i would lyk to know the name of this girl!�� Hehe
i think you could have done better overall..but being your first attempt in this kind of a poem,its a nice start....

simran said...

Good one..

Unknown said...

you killed it...highly appreciated

Nasrin vohra said...

that was just Awsome , Keep it up !

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for your review! I don't know you, but do go through the rest of the posts as well, and leave more reviews if possible. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

the thing that comes to my mind is it damn beautiful and something that you enjoy and like to read over and over again