Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 November 2014

The Noose

Crowded, suffocating,
The air now closing in.
I feel the urge to escape,
Escape away from this din.



Yet, my feet are stuck
In this quicksand of broken time.
A pulse lasts an eternity,
The trashed infinity left is mine.

A groan, a plea,
A prayer for my drowning self.
The cries canter away into nothing,
No hands reach forth to help.

Sinking lower and deeper still,
I gasp as my soul leaps away flying.
The noose tightening round my neck,
is of my own design.

8 comments:

A.H said...

Feelings are beautiful written down...good job

Anonymous said...

"The noose tightening round my neck, is of my own design."
Best part !

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written
Loved it...

Simran Malhotra said...

Its good; start to end. But its not how you write. Like you've gone astray, perhaps and hence, you were not able to put that 'Saad touch.'
Does this help?

Anonymous said...

Nice work keep it up

Shilvana Shaikh said...

simple si..easy to understand...i liked it

Smriti Kumar said...

I like it! Instead of reviewing I just want to read it again. The first lines are a bit cliche but it sends the message across. And once it builds up, I like the way it flows. And the end is very 'you' so that works well too!

Anusia said...

Well described in the form of a nice poem.